Chocolate-covered Peanut Brittle
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1 c. peanuts (I bought salted ones)
2 tbsp. softened butter
1 tsp. baking soda
4 squares of dark chocolate, melted
1) Grease your cookie tray!
2) Over medium heat and in a stainless-steel pot, mix sugar, corn syrup and water together until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil.
3) Once mixture is boiling, add peanuts and stir well. Continue boiling and stir occasionally.
4) After about 10 mins of boiling, drop a small amt of the mixture into a glass of cold water - if the mixture turns rigid and stringy, your brittle is ready.
5) Pour brittle onto greased cookie tray and spread around with a fork (if you have to - my brittle poured evenly into the pan I used).
6) Once your brittle has hardened slightly, spread melted chocolate over its top. Allow to cool completely (I stuck my brittle in the freezer - after sticking it outside and having to fight off a squirrel).
7) Once the brittle is completely cool/hard, break into pieces.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and accompanying pics!
CD Listened to While Baking: iTunes Playlist (feat. Cee-lo Green, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kate Nash and the Scissor Sisters)
Ingredients from: Sobeys Grocery
Images Captured with: Canon 7D, 50mm lens, 100mm macro lens and all natural light